Skip to content
Trim. Trim. Trim. Trim. Always trim your wicks before each lighting of your candle! Trim the wick down to 1/4" - this extends the longevity of your candle and promotes an even burn pool!
- During the first burn of your candle, allow it to burn long enough to melt the wax to the edge of the container. This is called a melt pool and will allow your candle to melt properly on sequential burns. It also prevents your candle from 'tunnelling' - burning down the center nearest the wick.
- At any time while burning your candle that you notice the wick mushrooming, the flame is too high or excessive flickering, soot or smoke - extinguish the flame! Allow the candle to cool, then trim your wick to 1/4" and re-light the candle, if you wish. Too large of a flame will cause safety issues with your candle, such as the jar cracking/breaking!
- Keep the candle wax top free of debris - such as trimmed wicks, dust, etc. Avoid burning your candles in drafty areas - near open windows, air vents, under ceiling fans or open doorways.
- Our soy candles are made with 100% natural soy wax and are made in small batches to maintain quality. Because we use soy wax for a cleaner burning candle, there may be variants to each candle's appearance such as some frosting on the sides of the jar or small lumps on the tops after burning. This does not detract from its quality or how your candle will burn. It's just the nature of the wax.
- Try to avoid blowing out your candle! This causes excessive smoke and you can inadvertently blow wax out of the container or worse, back onto your face! If you do not have a wick snuffer, try using something metal to bend the wick down into the melted wax to extinguish the flame then straighten the wick back up!
- Discontinue burning your candle once you can clearly see the wick base, usually at about 1/2" to 1/4" from the bottom of the jar/container! The glass gets very hot as the flame gets to the bottom. This will prevent the glass from cracking, shattering or damaging the surface the candle is on. Always burn your candle on a heat-resistant surface.
- Please keep wax melts away from children and pets! Some may look and smell like candy and should never be digested! Always burn your candles and wax melts away from children and pets.
- Always extinguish your candle or turn off your wax melt warmer before you leave your home or go to bed. Allow your candle to completely cool before replacing the lid to prevent dust build-up.
- Never pour melted wax down a sink drain. It will eventually cause expensive drain problems.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.